Voters Nix Proposed Drew County Sales Tax

MONTICELLO, AR (Ben Caxton) — A one-cent sales tax levy in Drew County will not be extended. Voters went to the polls Tuesday to vote on continuing the tax for another six years. Unofficially the measure fell short by just 15 votes, 187 against to 173 in favor. 75% percent of the funds raised by the now expiring tax went to fund repairs to county roads, the other 25% went into Drew County’s general fund.

 


RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Be the first to comment on "Voters Nix Proposed Drew County Sales Tax"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*