Lit Cigarette Ignites Gas Fumes in Car Parked at Cleveland Daycare

Chicot Memorial

CLEVELAND, MS (Ben Caxton) — What appeared to be a fire at a local daycare center in Cleveland Monday was actually the result of a car going up in flames in the parking lot. The car fire broke out shortly before noon in the parking lot of Tiny Tots Daycare on North Chrisman Avenue. Cleveland Police and Fire Units responding to the scene found two adults, a man and a woman, who had pulled into the parking lot because their car was running out of gas. When the man reached into the backseat for a container of gasoline – with a lit cigarette in hand – fumes in the car ignited setting the vehicle on fire.

 


RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

1 Comment on "Lit Cigarette Ignites Gas Fumes in Car Parked at Cleveland Daycare"

  1. Science. You just can’t beat it.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*