Greenwood Drive-In Remains Closed After Weekend Fire

Chicot Memorial

GREENWOOD, MS (Ben Caxton) — A popular Greenwood fast food haunt remains out-of-commission today after a weekend fire. Firefighters were called to the Sonic Drive-In on Park Avenue shortly before 3:00 AM when a passing employee noticed smoke billowing from the restaurant. It took the Greenwood Fire Department five trucks, three stations, 10,000 gallons of water and more than two hours to extinguish the blaze. While officials are still investigating, the owners say the fire started from electrical wiring inside a wall of the kitchen before moving into the ceiling and roof cavity. No timetable has been set to begin repairs, awaiting a settlement of insurance claims. Sonic in Greenwood employs about 50 people.

 


RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Be the first to comment on "Greenwood Drive-In Remains Closed After Weekend Fire"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*