Firefighters Injured In Friday Night Blaze

A Friday night house fire in Greenville injured three firefighters. Photo source Delta Daily News.

 

GREENVILLE, MS (Ben Caxton) — The Greenville Fire Department battled a house fire on 423 Fourth Street for over 2 hours last Friday night. Three fire units were dispatched. Once on the scene, firefighters found a single family wooden structure with heavy flames and smoke coming from the right rear of the house. Just as they began extinguishing the fire, conditions changed quickly threatening to trap five firefighters already inside, at which point the commander on the scene ordered an evacuation of the burning building. As they were pulling out the back wall and ceiling collapsed injuring several of the men. Two received minor burns around the wrists and ear. Another suffered an elbow injury and was transported to Delta Regional Medical Center for treatment and later released. Greenville Fire says the fire was caused by clothes falling on a space heater the owner was using as a dryer. The home was a total loss. The extreme heat of the blaze caused damage to a neighboring house, and Greenville Fire Department equipment as well.

h900d h900a h900b h900c

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Be the first to comment on "Firefighters Injured In Friday Night Blaze"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*