Beans Cause Indigestion For Greenwood Fire Department

Chicot Memorial

GREENWOOD, MS (Ben Caxton) — The Greenwood Commonwealth newspaper reports that beans were the cause of some extra work for the Greenwood fire department. According to John Coleman, president of Express Grain, two small soybean fires were extinguished Tuesday and Wednesday at Express Grain Oil Mill on River Road. Coleman explained that a small amount of beans in a small tank overheated. He said employees noticed smoke coming from a grain bin Tuesday and notified the Greenwood Fire Department. The amount of soybeans in the fire was less than a truckload. The fire was extinguished in under an hour. And unlike peanut fires are not troublesome to put out.

 


RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Be the first to comment on "Beans Cause Indigestion For Greenwood Fire Department"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*